HeartCode ACLS is a Web-based e-learning product that uses microsimulation technology to present realistic patient scenarios. Students are presented with the 10 ACLS Core cases in hospital-based scenarios. While interacting with the program, students assess each patient, formulate a treatment plan based on ACLS guidelines, and provide treatment. Successful completion of the Web-based cognitive component, paired with skills verification provided by an AHA ACLS Instructor meets the requirements for the issuing of an AHA ACLS Provider card to the participant.
ACLS provider training is essential for all critical care healthcare professionals involved in the provision of emergency cardiac care.
Please note: there is NO TEACHING of practical skills during the face-to-face component of this course. Therefore, we recommend this course only for those already competent in the practical skills such as Non-Invasive Airway Management, Bag-Mask Ventilation, CPR and Manual Defibrillator operation. If you require instruction and practice of these critical skills, we recommend you take the 2-day ACLS course.
It is intended for healthcare professionals who provide critical care to patients in a wide variety of settings, including in-hospital and pre-hospital locations.
You should have passed the 2-Day ACLS course before. It is NOT recommended to do the 1-Day ACLS course as your first ACLS certification.
These healthcare providers may include (but are not limited to) Consultants, Registrars, Senior House Officers, General Practitioners, Dentists, Clinical Nurse Managers, Nurses, Paramedics, Cardiac Technicians, Cardiac Rehabilitation Staff, Respiratory Therapists..
Basic Life Support Certification eg. BLS Healthcare Provider or equivalent
Previous ACLS Certification is mandatory
- VT / VF with CPR and an AED
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Refractory VT / VF
- Pulseless Electrical Activity
- Asystole / Ethical Aspects of Resuscitation
- Stable and Unstable Tachycardia
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Acute Ischaemic Stroke
- Completion of the pre-course Heartcode Program, including the MCQ
- Demonstrate efective manual defibrillation and non-invasive ventilation with a BVM
- Pass an ACLS Megacode Test as Team Leader.
- Demonstrate competence in the performance of Basic Life Support (BLS) skills such as one and two rescuer CPR, incorporating the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
The following materials are delivered to the candidate by email 4 weeks prior to the course date
- Heartcode activation key
- Heartcode instructions
- Directions to face-to-face venue
American Heart Association website
- Acute Coronary Syndromes video
- Acute Ischaemic Stroke video
- ACLS Science Overview video
- Heartcode Programme