Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) training provides a structured learning environment for multidisciplinary groups to develop the skills, teamwork, and organisation necessary to effectively manage all cardiovascular emergencies.
ACLS training has been clearly demonstrated to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with heart disease and specifically that of the most critical of emergencies, cardiac arrest.
ACLS provider training is essential for all critical care healthcare professionals involved in the provision of emergency cardiac care, especially doctors, nurses and paramedics.
It is intended for healthcare professionals who provide critical care to patients in a wide variety of settings, including in-hospital and pre-hospital locations.
These healthcare providers may include (but are not limited to) Consultants, Registrars, Senior House Officers, Interns, Medical Students, General Practitioners, Dentists, Clinical Nurse Managers, Nurses, Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians, Cardiac Technicians, Cardiac Rehabilitation Staff, Respiratory Therapists, Physiotherapists and other Allied Healthcare Personnel.
Basic Life Support Certification eg. BLS Healthcare Provider or equivalent
Instructor & DVD-led skills demonstration and practice sessions that include:
- VT / VF with CPR and an AED
- Basic & Advanced Airway Adjuncts
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Electrical Therapy / Defibrillation
- Transcutaneous Pacing / Electrical Cardioversion
- Rhythm Recognition
- Medications in ACLS
- Refractory VT / VF
- Pulseless Electrical Activity
- Asystole / Ethical Aspects of Resuscitation
- Stable and Unstable Tachycardia (2 Sessions)
- Putting it All Together Practice Sessions
- Running a Code
- Acute Coronary Syndromes (physician presentation)
- Acute Ischaemic Stroke (physician presentation)
- Completion of the pre-course MCQ and preparation checklist included in the ACLS provider manual.
- Actively participate in, practice, and complete all skills and learning stations
- Pass an ACLS Megacode Test as Team Leader.
- Demonstrate competence in the performance of Basic Life Support (BLS) skills such as one and two rescuer CPR, incorporating the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Score a minimum grade (84% or higher) on the final Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) paper.
The following materials are delivered to the candidate’s work address by registered courier.
- ACLS Provider Manual
- Course Programme
- Criteria for Successful Completion
Code Blue website
- exclusive ECG Rhythm Recognition Tutorial
- Pre-course Rhythms Quiz
- Pre-course MCQ Quiz
- Course Tips & Tricks
American Heart Association website
- Acute Coronary Syndromes video
- Acute Ischaemic Stroke video
- ACLS Science Overview video
Have you registered for a course and are looking for login details for the online components? Click here