The Hospital Major Incident Medical Management and Support (HMIMMS) is a leading 2 day training course designed for senior hospital staff that may be called upon to plan or manage a major emergency / incident within their hospital. The course addresses practical issues using table top exercises, lectures and discussion involving members of the hospital’s Major Incident Group. The course is taught and practised throughout the world and is accredited by the Advanced Life Support Group Manchester (ALSG).
The course is run by Code Blue under license form the Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG) in the UK
PLEASE NOTE: the ALSG VLE Tutorials MUST be completed before attending the course. No exceptions are made.
See ALSG HMIMMS Fact sheet for more details.
PLEASE NOTE: the ALSG MCQs MUST be completed before attending the course. No exceptions are made.
Day 1 08.30 – 17.30
Day 2 08.30 – 16.15
- Actively participate in, practice, and complete all skills and learning stations
- Score a minimum grade (80% or higher) on the final Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) paper.
Gary Hardacre QAM, Head of Risk and Resilience in Scotland. Gary was awarded the Queen’s Ambulance Service Medal in 2013.
Stephen and Gary are supported by an English and Irish faculty of Consultants, Nurses and Advanced Paramedics who are regarded as experts in their field and have a proven ability to teach.
Between them their experience includes full time planning, responding and project managing a wide range of operational incidents including:
• The 2012 London Olympic Games
• The Commonwealth Games
• The Ebola Response in the UK
• The National Critical and Specialist Services for Burns ICU, NICU, PICU
• The Papal Visit 2011
• The G8 Summit
• The National Industrial Action by the NHS Junior Doctors
• The National Industrial Action by the English Ambulance Service
• An Assortment of Royal Visits and Ceremonies
• The Ecoli Outbreak in England
• The Medevacing of 12 Critically Burned Patients from the Romanian Night Club Fire
• The Glasgow Airport Bombing
• The Clutha Bar, Helicopter Crash Incident
The following materials are delivered to the candidate’s work address by registered courier.
• Introductory Welcome Letter with Venue Directions
• Course Programme
ALSG VLE online MCQ, if you arrive for the face to face component of the course without completing your VLE your options are:
- Go home. (no HMIMMS cert, no observer’s cert, no CPD credit. You will get a receipt of payment but not successful completion)
- Stay and observe. (no HMIMMS cert. You will get an observer’s cert and CPD credit only if you stay for the full 2 days. You will get a receipt of payment but not successful completion)
In neither case will you get a refund of your fees. You may complete the VLE at a later date and use it against another HMIMMS course. Code Blue will discount the cost of the VLE from your next full HMIMMS course fee. We cannot guarantee that another training site will do the same.