Sports Injuries and First Aid is the ideal course for those who may be called on to provide immediate treatment to injured participants and spectators at sporting events.
Delivered by experts in Sports Medicine, EMS and Resuscitation training, the course focuses on a hands-on approach to the most common and most serious injuries, including spinal injuries, facial trauma and sudden cardiac arrest.[raw][slideshow align=”center” effect=”slide” category=”5″ width=”930″ height=”250″ autoplay=”false” speed=”5000″ pagination=”true” prevnext=”true”][/raw] [toggle title=”Am I eligible to take this course?”]
It is intended for participants who provide immediate on-field first-aid and emrgency medical support. Suitable candidtes include (but are not limited to) team doctors, physiotherapists, coaches, first responders, voluntary first-aiders.[/toggle] [toggle title=”What content is covered on this course?”]
The programme involves multiple learning activities. Instructor-led skills demonstration and practice sessions that includes:
- The chain of survival
- Adult CPR with AED
- Child CPR with AED
- Airway management
- Oxygen therapy
- Head and facial trauma
- Chest injury
- Extremity injury and splinting
- Open and closed fracture management
- Medical emergencies
- Cervical ollar application
- Spinal immobilisation (supine, prone, sitting, standing, crouched)
- Spinal immobilisation in confined spaces
- Mechanism of injury
- Head injury and Return-to-Play decisions
- 1 day (8-6pm)
- Actively participate in, practice, and complete all skills and learning stations
- Demonstrate competence in the performance of Basic Life Support (BLS) skills such as one and two rescuer CPR, incorporating the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
We issue an Irish Heart Foundation / American Heart Association Heartsaver-AED Certificate. We also issue a certificate of attendance signed by the course Medical Director.
[/toggle] [toggle title=”Who instructs on this course?”] Our Instructors come from an Irish healthcare setting in fields such as Sports Medicine, EMS and Resuscitation Training.
[/toggle] [toggle title=”What materials/textbooks do I get?”]
The following materials are delivered to the candidate’s work address by registered courier.
- Sports Injuries and First Aid Textbook
This course is eligible for up to 8 hours of face-to-face CPD.Book now