At Codeblue, our Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilisation (PEARS) courses are instructed by experienced healthcare professionals with paediatric backgrounds who work with paediatric patients on a daily basis. Our instructors are highly skilled and have expertise in Advanced Pediatric Life Support (APLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
The PEARS course is an internationally recognised program designed for healthcare professionals and caregivers seeking to enhance their paediatric emergency response skills. This classroom-based, instructor-led course follows the latest 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC, providing a systematic approach to quickly assess, recognise the cause, and stabilise paediatric patients in emergency situations. Courses can be tailored to suit the needs of the attendees based on the expert knowledge of the instructors providing the course.
The PEARS course is ideal for healthcare providers and individuals who may encounter paediatric emergency situations during their work, including:
– Nurses not specialising in paediatrics
– Nurse practitioners
– Physician assistants
– Emergency medical technicians
– Respiratory therapists
– Prehospital and in-facility healthcare providers (outside of critical-care areas)
– Outpatient clinic staff
– School-based providers
– Any other healthcare provider who may infrequently see critically ill or injured infants and children
The PEARS course covers essential topics to equip participants with the necessary skills and knowledge, including:
– Systematic paediatric assessment
– Recognition and stabilisation of respiratory emergencies
– Recognition and stabilisation of shock emergencies
– Recognition and stabilisation of cardiopulmonary arrest
– Resuscitation team concept
1 days, 7.5 hours.
This comprehensive one-day course includes theory lectures, practical demonstrations, video presentations, and hands-on skills practice, ensuring a robust learning experience for all participants.
Criteria for Successful Completion
Upon successful completion of the PEARS Course, participants will receive an AHA PEARS Provider certificate, valid for two years. Course completion requirements include:
– Active participation in case discussions and simulations
– Passing skills tests in 1- and 2-rescuer child BLS with AED and 1- and 2-rescuer infant BLS
– Participate in a scenario demonstrating the skills and knowledge learnt from the day
Why Choose PEARS?
– Enhance paediatric emergency response skills
– Learn effective team dynamics during resuscitation
– Gain knowledge in respiratory management, defibrillation, IO access, and medication administration
– Develop the ability to identify and manage paediatric shock and cardiac arrest
Our PEARS courses are instructed by experienced healthcare professionals with paediatric backgrounds who work with paediatric patients on a daily basis. Our instructors are highly skilled and have expertise in Advanced Pediatric Life Support (APLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
Participants will receive the following learning materials to help them prepare effectively:
– PEARS Provider Manual
– 1 Day Course Programme
– Criteria for Successful Completion
Additionally, participants will have access to the American Heart Association’s website, which includes informative content on acute coronary syndromes and acute ischemic stroke.
All Codeblue courses are eligible for CPD/CEU points. The exact number of points you can claim depends on what your occupation speciality is. This course is eligible for up to 7.5 hours of face-to-face CPD/CEU’s. More information on CPD/CEU credits can be found on Medical Council and Irish Nursing & Midwifery Board.
Join the PEARS course to ensure you are prepared to respond promptly and effectively in paediatric emergency situations. Register now to secure your spot and be part of this valuable training experience.
Codeblue Training Centre, Unit 127 Slaney Road, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, Dublin, D11 TX86